In 2008, THEMA has launched the very first African TV channels pack in France with Canal Overseas Africa: Le Bouquet Africain. It was composed of 6 channels offering the best of French-speaking African television. It became more and more popular in France.
Today, it is composed of 22 channels representing some 11 countries:
- Africable Television is a general interest private channel broadcasting news and shows from around the country.
- Maïsha TV is a private channel of general interest dedicated to women.
- Nollywood TV is a private channel dedicated to African films and series from the Nollywood industry. The channel was create by THEMA.
- Trace Africa is private music channel focusing on African trends.
- ORTB is a public Beninese channel of general interest broadcasting flash news, information and debates concerning the whole country.
- RTB is a Burkinabe public channel. Along with cultural and political shows, it also broadcasts youth and entertainment programmes in Lobiri, Bwamy, Gulmancéma and Bissa (national languages)
- Canal 2 International is a private general interest channel. Consisting mainly in news and political programmes, it also leaves room to entertainment, sports and fiction.
- CRTV is the only Cameroonian public channel. It mixes flash news, talk shows, sports and all sorts of entertainment.
- Equinoxe TV is a private entertainment channel with sports, games, music, series, etc.
- STV 2 is a private general interest channel. It consists in series, cultural and musical programmes.
- Télé Congo is a 100% public channel of general interest. It mixes news, series, talk shows and documentaries.
- RTI1 is a public general interest channel. It consists in flash news, political and entertainment programmes as well as youth and musical programmes.
- Gabon Television is the first Gabonese public channel. Along with flash news and political shows, it also broadcast youth shows and fiction.
- RTG is a public Guinean TV channel.
- ORTM is a public Malian channel. It is focused on entertainment with fiction and games, but also broadcast national and international news in French and in local languages.
Democratic Republic of Congo
- B-One is a private Congolese TV and radio channel. Broadcasting entertainment programmes and fiction, it also gives much room to debates and political discussions.
- RTNC is a general interest public Congolese channel. It mixes talk shows, fiction and information programmes.
- 2STV is a private general interest channel based on an aspiration to freer cultural and entertainment programmes.
- RTS is a public general interest channel mainly based on entertainment programmes, including local series. It broadcast in French and in national languages.
- SenTV is a private general interest channel. It broadcast in French and in Wolof and has exclusivity on many Senegalese wrestling games.
- TFM is a private Sengalese channel – it belongs to Youssou N'Dour. Based on ethics and freedom, it aims to broadcast fair programmes for all.
- TVT is a public Togolose channel broadcastin mainly in French, but also in Ewe and Kabiyé (national languages). With 6 flash news a day, the channel focuses mainly on civil and health issues, leaving some room to entertainment programmes.
Le Bouquet Africain counts around 150.000 subscribers (households) and is available through 6 French IPTV operators. The operators commercialize several levels of the pack: the basic level with up to 10 channels and premium levels with all 22 channels.
More information on the website www.lebouquetafricain.com